Bookmark and Share

Monday, January 28, 2008

Is everybody sick?

From Bandit: I think I'm the only creature in the house without a cold or something. Staffer Mom's got some kind of crud, and Dad's just gotten over it. Ernie has a boo-boo on the side of his head from trying to crawl through another fence. Maggie's had an upset stomach and hasn't been eating. Staffer Dad took her to the doc on Saturday and they told him nothing was wrong and sent him home with 3 kinds of pills for her anyway.

I could've told him that nothing was really wrong: She's just stubborn. She figured if she got sick by eating once the other day, she'd resolved to just not eat again. I've seen her do that before -- when she was having puppies, she refused to push more than once because it hurt. The vet had to deliver them.

But I figured it out. I got her to eat. All I had to do was threaten to eat her food and she just started snarfing it up. Ha! She's such a greedy bitch! Not sure I could've helped her with the puppies though....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bandit, I know it's tough to be well when everyone else is sick. Just be sure you don't spend all your time licking Ernie's sore sport. I know you love him best, but you don't want everyone else to be jealous.