Bookmark and Share

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter bunny?




This weekend we learned that one part of Easter lore has something to do with a big rabbit that goes house to house and leaves candy and goodies for kids. We saw this bunny (right) giving out candy to strange kids near the park.

Let's get this straight:
At Easter, it's OK for kids to take candy from strange people in bunny suits, but it's not OK for kids to take candy from strange people who aren't in bunny suits.
We really don't understand this at all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We compulsive readers often read things we don't understand, like sports pages. I do that when a cereal box isn't handy. Bandit, I have to tell you that Troy Johnson, who writes a column for the Alabama border-town paper, the Ledger Enquirer, took you on today. He is doing abysmally in the NCAA competition. He kept referring to his "bracket," whatever the heck that is. But here's the gall: the headline on the second page of his column reads, "Shambled picks just might end up better than the dachshund's." Bandit, your canine pride is on the line.
Johnson wrote, "I'm merely focused on finishing ahead of Bandit, the 13-year old dog owned by a former co-worker...". Then he added, "Even though Bandit's brackets have been surprisingly astute over the years, he's 19 points behind me..."
Scruffy has been haughty about you because I slipped up and let him read the message you and Maggie sent about, ahem, cats, but he has decided that four-legged creatures must triumph. So he joins me in saying (meowing) Go Bandit!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Bandit, I'm on your side, but I'm also a bit ditzy. I published my earlier comment twice. Just delete one of them. Go, Bandit!

MaggieandBandit said...

Troy is a friend, and we are pleased that he mentioned us -- well, at least Bandit. We have a lot of ego about these things, and Bandit's not a bit afraid of what may come.